Something went wrong following a site

Issue

Came across the following issue when trying to follow a site in a SharePoint 2016 environment.

2018-04-10followsiteerror

TECHNICAL DETAILS:
UserProfileDBCache_WCFLogging :: ProfileDBCacheServiceClient.GetUserData threw exception: There are no addresses available for this application.

Resolution

My sites were available and accessible by the users. I checked the User Profile Service Application and it was accessible as well and settings for My sites were correct. That lead me to review the the services running in the farm. I found that the “User Profile Service” was stopped on the farm.  I started the service and completed and IIS reset. Now users can follow sites successfully.

2018-04-10follownotification

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a website or blog at WordPress.com

Up ↑